Document Control Specialist
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining the flow of all incoming and outgoing project documentation, both electronic and hardcopy, managing the filing system, and collaborating in the issuance of key deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Ensures that all data/documentation is handled per Company standards, including logging, tracking, and maintaining records.
· Prepares/edits documents as required to ensure no delays in project schedule.
· Maintains Document Control Log with relation to documents produced in-house, to include initial issuance, changes/updates, etc.
· Maintains log of all project correspondence received from the client, vendors, equipment manufacturers, etc.
· Produces/reproduces documents as needed for internal use and/or for distribution to clients.
· Addresses any document control issues within company or between company and external stakeholders.
· Oversees, maintains, and updates internal document control system to ensure integrity of data and ease of use.
· Oversees proper disposal of old/outdated documentation, to ensure client confidentiality and regulatory compliance.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
The minimum qualifications to do this job may include:
· Associate Degree in Document Control or Library Science or certification from the Knowledge Management Professional Society or Association for Information and Image Management preferred.
· 2 or more years’ experience in Document Control required.
· Knowledge of software required to perform the job, including:
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader
· Excellent Organizational skills.
· Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills.
· High level of comfort with technology.
· Strong Attention to Detail with a commitment to producing error free deliverables.
· Experience/understanding of the engineering industry is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Physical Demands may include:
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods
· Ability to focus on a computer screen for prolonged periods
Work Environment may include:
Exposure to office related environmental conditions
Status: In Office 100%