Significant risk is inherent to a project’s on-site installation work. Safe, efficient construction, at a quality in accordance with the project specifications, requires considerable up-front planning, competent oversight, frequent interface with all members of the execution team, and the administrative tools to deliver high confidence reporting and project goal solutions on a timely basis. Whether you are an Owner, Supplier or Contractor, our Site Management expertise is ready to support your planning and/or execution in a risk-mitigated manner.
- Development of Level 1 through Level 5 critical path schedules (Microsoft Project) for all project phases.
- Review and assessment of project schedules developed by others, with regard to legitimacy and identification of significant risk areas. May include analysis of activity craft and equipment loading.
Schedule Tracking and Forecasting
- On-site or remote schedule updates, maintenance and completion date forecasting, via assessment of actual percent complete of each activity. Includes development of recovery schedules, if necessary.
Cost System Development, Tracking and Forecasting
- Generation of practical, easy-to-track project quantity and cost metrics, and weekly tracking thereof. Weekly tracking of quantity and costs; facilitates cost projection at completion reports.
- On-Site and/or remote procurement services to support field construction activities. Procurement services for all aspects of client needs, whether permanent equipment, consumables, commodities or construction equipment.
Change Order Development and/or Management
- Support services for recognition, estimation and generation of Change Orders, including negotiation thereof. Likewise, we provide services to evaluate and manage Change Order Requests from suppliers and contractors for validity and reasonableness.
- Verify supplier, contractor and/or subcontractors compliance with contract quality requirements. This may be via internal expertise or through coordination and utilization of 3rd party quality testing agencies.
- Continuously assess and facilitate site construction activities relative to project safety, schedule, cost and quality requirements. This may be in a support role to the on-site owner’s representative, or as the owner’s sole on-site Construction Manager or liaison. Actively participate in facility production and/or maintenance meetings, as well as support or direct the project’s status and coordination meetings, to ensure a synchronized construction execution.
Contract Scope Compliance Assurance
- Verify supplier, contractor and/or subcontractor compliance with contract scope requirements, via continuous reference to contract documents, and inspection of the project through visual and other means.
- Interface with owner, contractor, and/or regulatory agencies (MSHA/OSHA) to support safe construction practices and documentation thereof.
Facilitation of Site Progress and Coordination Meetings
- Develop, update and document agendas for meetings with the project team to ensure key aspects of the project are discussed at appropriate intervals. Work to identify and resolve potential issues related to: Safety, quality, material supply, contractor and/or plant interface, staffing, information needs, out of scope work, etc.
- Evaluate, recommend and/or implement design improvements relative to safety, maintenance, access and constructability (SMACC™) requirements.
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Progress Reporting
- Generate site construction reports, at appropriate intervals, to document site conditions (i.e, weather), safety, workforce, equipment, progress, and actual or potential issues.