Modular Vertical Roller Mill System
Industrial Ally has completed a study for the installation of a modular vertical roller mill (VRM) system to produce Type IP and Class N Pozzolan cement. The study included:
- Process, time, and material flow evaluations to determine mill circuit sizing
- Laser scanning of the existing facility to support proper evaluation of new to existing interfaces and routing of mill feed and cement distribution material handling systems
- Review of two options for the VRM system location
- Development four options for the material feed system to the VRM
- Preparation of a Request for Proposal for contractor budget pricing
- Generation of a capital cost estimate
Our work included solicitation/evaluation of equipment pricing, development of a 3D model, and quantification of commodity materials (concrete, steel, platework, conduit, wire, etc.) in order to obtain “high confidence” construction contractor budget pricing.
The final report provides valuable data for our client to consider in determining the viability of advancing their project.